Anyone who knows me, knows that I love chocolate (and so does my daughter, can you see her little face waiting patiently in the picture above to have some of this brownie?!?). That's why I have developed a whole range of Ritual Cacao Blends - to satisfy mine and your chocolate cravings whilst enjoying the benefits of organic herbs! Anyway, these brownies feature my Balancing Ritual Cacao blend which is enhanced with vanilla, maca and rose. These brownies are the perfect antidote to your chocolate cravings. They have a rich chocolatey taste which is paired nicely with some healthy fats and protein so you can enjoy your cacao hit without the sugar high (and inevitable drop in energy).
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup of cacao
- 2 tablespoons Balancing Ritual Cacao blend
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup roasted flaked almonds
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate bits
- 1/3 cup melted grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- a good pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celcius and line 20cm baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, almond butter, eggs, vanilla and maple syrup.
3. Add in the almond meal, cacao and Balancing cacao blend.
4. Once combined add in the roasted almonds and choc bits and stir until just combined.
5. Pour into the lined tin, smooth out the top and place in the oven for 15 mins. Once, out of the oven, leave to cool and enjoy!