The only thing better than banana cake, is chocolate banana cake! If you have a few overripe bananas in the fruit basket that need some love, try making this delicious recipe. It is wheat free and dairy free too and perfect as an afternoon snack with a big cup of my Grounding Ritual Raw Cacao Blend. Enjoy.
- 2 cups Spelt Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Grounding Ritual Raw Cacao Blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup olive or macadamia oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add spelt flour, cacao powder, baking powder, vanilla powder, cinnamon powder and sea salt to a large mixing bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium size mixing bowl and beat for about a minute.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and add to the eggs together with oil and syrup. Beat until combined.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients and stir until everything is mixed
- Grease and line a small/medium size baking pan. Pour the batter into the greased form and bake for about 45 minutes depending on your oven.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Serve with fresh banana slices, toasted flaked almonds and a big spoonful of cream or coconut yogurt.