Cacao has been used traditionally for centuries as a magical and sacred substance. When used in cacao rituals, it can open the heart and reconnect us with our true purpose. Interestingly, cacao has also been shown in studies to be cardioprotective as well, so enjoying good quality cacao really can benefit your heart physically and energetically. These chocolate truffles make a beautiful gift to yourself or to your loved ones. The addition of rose water also adds to the heart opening qualities of this treat and when you roll them in the Balancing Ritual Cacao, it enhances the flavour and energetic vibration of this truly beautiful dessert. Enjoy!
- 250gm dark chocolate (I use Green and Blacks but a good dairy free option is Organic Times choc bits)
- 100ml light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp rose water
- Balancing Ritual Cacao powder to roll them in
1. Place the finely chopped chocolate (or choc bits) in a heat proof bowl.
2. In a saucepan, heat up the coconut milk until quite warm. Add this to the chocolate and cover immediately with some cling wrap, a lid or a tea towel to trap the heat in.
3. Leave for 10 minutes to let the ingredients mix and melt together.
4. Add vanilla and rosewater and blend gently until combined.
5. Place in the fridge for 2 -3 hours until set.
6. Once chilled, use a tablespoon to scoop out balls and quickly roll into truffle and roll in the Balancing Ritual Cacao powder.
7. If the mixture softens too much as you roll the truffles, pop it back in the fridge to set.